Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Blogging vs Facebook

I get that blogging is supposed to be an interactive thing. People read my blog, I read their blog, we comment, yada, yada yada. I'm not too good at keeping up with other people's blogs. Come to think of it, I'm not too great at updating mine. There are days on end where I continually post, and weeks where I don't post anything.

Blame Facebook.

In the time that it takes me to read several paragraphs of someone's blog (or typing this entry), one of my friends could be posting even more pictures of her chihuahua dressed in pink doggie-clothes. Why would anyone miss that kind of canine torture? Or someone might post a Facebook update that they're popping open a beer and settling down for the Laker game. Being over here on blogger.com, I could miss it! Are the Lakers even playing tonight? I have no clue. I find these things out on Facebook.

Why am I rambling about Facebook on what is supposed to be a blog about teaching? Well...if I was really good, I'd be able to link the two. The truth is, I don't have anything constructive to say about teaching today. So, Facebook rambling it is!

2 comments:

  1. I was more active on Facebook, but now I checked it less often and do more blogging. You're right, blogging takes a lot more time.

    Not every post has to be about teaching. I break that rule all the time. In fact, today I wrote a post about suitcases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am addicted to all the social parts of the internet, but mostly blogging and Facebook. God, the things I could accomplish if it wasn't for Facebook and my blog...

    ReplyDelete