Thursday, June 17, 2010

Crazy Days

The jobs have been pouring in for the last couple of weeks. I really didn't expect this. I thought things would peter out over the last few weeks of school. I feel obligated to take the money and run since the incoming cash flow will not exist over the summer.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I've also had some "social conflicts" that have led me to turn down some days of work that I otherwise would have taken. Earlier this month I was out of town to run a half-marathon, so I missed a day for that. Then I took another day to spend some time with friends who were visiting from out of town. This week, I've also been flaky on the job front. Tuesday I cancelled a job because I didn't feel well and yesterday I went to an afternoon baseball game, so I didn't even look for anything. Then, today, the job I had was cancelled by the school at 6am. I guess turnabout is fair play in that case. My own guilt comes in when I look at it all added up and find that all of this has added up to several hundred dollars lost.

And yet, each day when I do actually work is filled with such insanity that I'm counting the days until I don't have to walk into LoonyLand. I haven't posted lately, but I have a few stories that I want to write up. It's been quite eventful.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure the rush of positions is because teachers have to take their personal days before a certain amount of time. Lucky for you, though!

    Enjoy your summer off!

    ReplyDelete