Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Demon of the Day

I often think I'd like to present a "Demon of the Day" award, but I doubt that it would go over with the same tongue-in-cheek humor with which I intend.

Those of us who spend time in classrooms know that there is always one kid who just has to have been placed there by supernatural forces in order to test us. It's the kid who decides to scream out "HERE" while you're taking roll. It's the kid who asks to use the bathroom twelve times before lunch. It's the kid who sits and draws on his desk instead of doing his work. It's the kid who tattles about everything. It's the kid who wanders the room. It's the kid who slinks up to you, puts her arms around you and asks very politely to do things that she knows are against classroom rules. It's the kid who plays the entire time you're explaining something, and then says "I don't get it," when it's time for the class to do the assignment. The list goes on and on.

Even in the best behaved classes, there always seems to be at least one party very deserving of this award...and that child is probably the CEO of tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Ugh! I can spot them in a millisecond. And it's almost always a he. Why is that? They're the worst in middle school. I'm learning that separating them from their peers, swift action, and big consequences goes a long way.

    Let's hope that neither of us deals with these types too often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! The tattlers bug me the worst. Tattling is the worst kind of naughty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of the kids who need to talk every second of the day. Those kids drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come in tardy and disruptive, no materials whatsover. Wander around the room, aimlessly wandering, "I am about to sit down."

    Downhill from there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I was one of those kids in School. At least, the going to the Bathroom ten times and drawing on my desk and my bench mate's notebook!
    I am your newest follower!:)

    Have a good day...!

    ReplyDelete